TERMINAL DE GRANELES AGROALIMENTARIOS DE SANTANDER IS A STEVEDORING COMPANY AT THE PORT OF SANTANDER, WHOSE GOAL IS THE RECEPTION, WAREHOUSING AND DISPATCH OF AGRIBULK COMMODITIES OF VEGETABLE ORIGIN FOR HUMAN AND ANIMAL FEEDING.
he Terminal is a portsite facility designed, constructed and run by the company TASA, S.A. ( partnership set up by the Cantabrian company Grupo Gof and the investment fund Ahorro Corporación Financiera), it takes up a surface of 35.000 square metres at the Port of Santander and has brought about a global investment of 40.000.000 €. In 15 years, the intention is to channel an annual traffic of over 1.000.000 tons of agribulk commodities of vegetable origin.
Tasa is the result of a public contest launched by Santander Port Authority in 2005 which ended in an agreement of the Board of Directors of the Port that granted on 18th May 2007, the construction and running of a Portsite Terminal of Solid Agribulk Commodities at Santander, in Raos, North breakwater.
With this step ahead, the Port of Santander opted for an updating of the handling operation of agribulk commodities in terms of hygienic-sanitary conditions, ensuring compliance with European laws and respecting environment and air quality.
We operate as a basic port service since June 2012.
Our proposal of services at the Terminal is grounded on the following strengths:
- – We shorten distances and optimize operative costs
- – Food safety, we minimize sanitary risks
- – Batches’ traceability
- – Highest environmental protection
- – High degree of automation of the commodities’ unloading and delivering processes
The main technical characteristics are:
- – 281 m berth in Raos 4.
- – Draft: 13 metres for Panamax of up to 70.000 ton deadweight.
- – Unloading equipment with a joint capacity over 12.000 ton/day.
- – Covered storage area of 102.600 ton.
- – Rail and road delivery .
- – Over 10.500 ton/day automatic delivery road.
- – Over 5.000 ton/day rail delivery.
- – Availability: 24 hours a day, 361 days.